If you haven’t heard, Pokemon Black and White 2 have been announced. Not a lot of information has been released yet, but here is what we know.
- A Summer 2012 release is scheduled for Japan.
- Fall release set for the United States and Europe.
- Kyurem will have two new forms (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem).
- The game will be released for Nintendo DS, not 3DS.
The two new forms are fusions with Zekrom and Reshiram, and it seems that in Black 2, he will fuse with Zekrom, and in White 2, he will fuse with Reshiram.
Here is some speculation on other things about the game.
- There will be no new Pokemon. This is not a new Gen, so no new Pokes.
- Because of the blue and red colors in the new logos, some believe it’s a reference to Ruby and Sapphire, thus signifying that Hoenn will be accessible in the game. Others believe that these colors represent the lightning bolts of Zekrom and the flames of Reshiram.
- You might be able to import your game (a la Mass Effect), and use your party from the first game.
- Will there be new gyms or gym leaders, or will you face the same ones from the first game?
- Will the new legendaries (Keldeo, Meleotta, and Genesect) be released, and will they play a part in the story?
Some of this speculation is likely, but I believe most of it will prove untrue (especially the importing of the old game), but only time will tell. The game should be released within the next six months, and we will keep you updated on any new information.